Friday 31 May 2013

Stroll in the warm Sunshine.

A chance to get away from my Carer Duties  gave me an opportunity to wander round a large part of the Bampton streams and fields. I was soon rewarded with Linnet and a pair of English Partridge followed by hedgerow Yellowhammers and a couple of Orange Tip Butterflies, several Peacock and a really lovely marked day flying Moth that just wouldn't stay still long enough to get a photo.
As the heat of the day built up it felt kinda strange with the wet ground evaporating its moisture so that it seemed like a rising wave of humidity surrounded me.
Warblers were represented by voice as they stayed hidden by the lush hedges that run along the sides of the streams and I heard Blackcap,Garden Warbler and Whitethroat.
A lone Buzzard and a Sparrowhawk were two of the three Raptors I recorded the third being A hovering Kestrel. Quite a few Mallard were on the streams in these watery meadows and both Song Thrush and Mistle Thrush were in evidence.
These early Summer meadows with the later than usual Mayflower now in full and fragrant bloom were a great joy to be a part of, and I returned home a very tired but happy person.
camboy.



No comments:

Post a Comment