Sunday 23 September 2012

It'll be Alwight on the Nite-and the Day.

Sorry to spoil the peace and quiet you have all been enjoying while i've been away for a few days enjoying the hospitality of friends who have a holiday home on the Isle of Wight. Had a good view of Red Squirrel as it leapt about in the trees but it never gave me a photographic opportunity so i'm afraid you will have to use your imagination - and I know some of you have vivid imaginations. They get Badger on the island that I didn't see nor did I see Gnome although there was a little fella holding a fishing rod in a garden - so maybe.
Ate loads of fresh Crab and Lobster, just off the boat and absolutely delicious - luvverly.
Racked up among those species I can remember Goldcrest, Willow Warbler, Wheatear, Buzzard, Red Kite, Jay, Grey Heron, Linnet, Coal Tit, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Chiffchaff, Green Woodpecker, Mistle Thrush and assorted little brown jobs plus Butterfly and Cricket.
Walked miles along the coastal path so i'm now aching in parts of the body I never new existed I might come back to this IOW trip although theres always a chance that my over active mind will have raced on to something else shortly.
Sea view from the lounge.

Great Green Bush-Cricket.

Large White Caterpillar ?

Small Copper.

Wheatear.

Colourful Magpie.

Carrion Crows.

Peacock.

Linnet.

Large White.


Red Admiral.

Painted Lady.

Painted Lady Underside.

Comma.
camboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment