Monday 9 July 2012

More or Less.

Restricted to views from the car as I treated my Mother-in-Law to a ride round the countryside, this I do at least once a week to give her some relief from the four walls and a television that has become the norm since she has become a resident at a Stanford-in-the-Vale old folks home, excellent staff and excellent conditions but still not life as she used to know it.
A grass field not far from Denchworth held I guess over 200 Lesser Black-Backed Gulls including varying ages of the same species, only had a passing sight of them so it's probable that other species were among them and if I get time on Tuesday i'll see if they're still in the same location.
Later in the day went to Alan Larkmans to try and get a few shots of juvenile Marsh Tit and they were about but every time I pressed the camera button they avoided being taken eventually I gave up, so will try again in a few days time when I hope they will stop having a laugh at my expense. Speaking of photographs we have some super local camera operators and Roger Wyatt is a supreme  example his patience must be "something else" for many of his pics are sublime.
Unable to snap anything interesting today i've posted a photo of a Waxwing I clocked a couple of year past at Aston a few mile up the road from my Bampton residence, this species always causes great excitement when it appears as they do periodically and they usually photograph pretty good too.
camboy

No comments:

Post a Comment